Covid-19 Employee Disaster payment
This is a lump-sum payment for eligible people who lost work and income due to a Queensland COVID-19 public health order.
You need to meet some eligibility rules to get this payment.
You can get it even if you were eligible on only one day during the payment period.
If you’re a member of a couple, you can both claim this payment. You and your partner will need to make separate claims.
To get the payment, you need to meet all eligibility rules that apply.
This includes all of these rules:
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia;
- you’re 17 years or older;
- you didn’t get an income support payment, Education Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance during the payment period. (there are different criteria for those who receive an income support payment);
- you didn’t get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period;
- you lost income and didn’t have any appropriate paid leave entitlements;
- you lived in, worked from or visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot that is subject to a state restricted movement order; or
- you have been unable to earn your usual income of 8 hours or more, or a full day’s work because you were in the COVID-19 hotspot and were subject to restricted movement.
There are 2 relevant periods you can apply for:
- 1 August to 7 August 2021
- 8 August 2021
How much you get depends on all of the following:
- the location of the health order
- the period you’re claiming for
- the hours of work you lost.
You’ll get the appropriate payment amount for each payment period you’re eligible for.
You can use our table to look up the amounts for each payment period.
|Period date range||Amount if you lost less than 20 hours work that week||Amount if you lost 20 hours or more that week|
|1 August to 7 August 2021||$450||$750|
A full day of your usual work is what you were scheduled to work but could not because of a restricted movement order. This includes not being able to attend a full time, part time or casual shift of less than 8 hours.
How to claim
Complete these steps to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment – Queensland. Before you claim, check if you can get it. You can submit your claim from Sunday 8 August 2021.
on this page
You can still claim this payment for work and income lost during the lockdown even though the public health order has been lifted.
Claiming if you’re an Australian resident
If you’re an Australian resident, read our guide on how to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment online.
Follow these steps to claim.
1. Get ready to claim
Australian residents must claim online. To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a myGov account, you’ll need to create one.
If your myGov account isn’t linked to Centrelink, you can prove who you are through myGov to link Centrelink.
2. Link Centrelink to your myGov account
You’ll need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. How you do this will depend on if you’ve claimed a payment from us before.
If you’ve claimed a payment before
If you’ve claimed a payment before, you can use your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) to link Centrelink to myGov. You’ll also need to answer some personal questions.
If you don’t know your CRN or can’t answer the personal questions using your CRN, select I need a CRN. You’ll need to prove your identity online, using myGov. Follow the same instructions for ‘If you haven’t claimed a payment before’.
If you haven’t claimed a payment before
You’ll need to enter some personal information and details from 2 acceptable identity documents and your Medicare card. Once you prove your identity, we’ll link Centrelink to your myGov account.
3. Make your claim
Follow these steps to make your claim:
- Sign in to myGov and select Apply for support from the Government support for coronavirus alert.
- Under Affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), select Get started.
- Select Apply for COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
- Answer the eligibility and claim questions.
- Submit your claim.
Our team at Gerard Wilkes & Associates are here to help. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this article further, please contact us at https://www.wilkes.com.au/contact-us/ or call our office 07 5532 1733.
Article referenced from: COVID-19 Disaster Payment – Queensland if you don’t get a Centrelink payment – Services Australia